Monday, June 13, 2011

Tuna Salad - Yay first post!

Whoop!  Finally my first post!... So.  I thought for my first lil post, I'd start out with one of my own recipes.  I mean, why not?  This recipe was inspired by The Pioneer Woman, but due to a lack of her ingredients in my house, I substituted random findings & created what's become pretty popular. :) *Happiness*

Let us begin!


Le cast of characters.
(Please ignore the rather odd looking red onion. K, thanx.)



Chop & batter & kill a red onion.


Then do the same with a red bell pepper.


Also, a green bell pepper...  Yes, yes. It does have some smatterings of red bell pepper in it.  Apologies.
(I used only half of the green pepper since there was so much red-ness).


Yum.
Pause right now to eat a couple of olives... & then a couple more.  Why you ask?  Becuz.  I say so. 


Chop 'em all up.


Now add some pickles & dice 'em.  These are Kosher Dill Stackers or something like that, and I think I used a total of five or six.  Maybe more.  Pickles = yum.


Meanwhile on the cutting board, awesome-ness is going on.  CUZ GREEN OLIVES ROCK!


Chop & add lots of these...  They totally make this salad.  I mean, the flavor!  THE FLAVOR! 


Now add le tuna.  This is two cans cuz you need alot of meat with this much other schtuff.  I used eight small cans before!! AH HA!  But maybe eight little cans is the equivalent of two big cans...  Hmm.  I don't really know.  Math & I do NOT equal love...  Nope. 


Now plop in about 3 1/2 large tablespoons of Mayo.  Make sure it's Mayo, not Miracle Whip.  There IS a difference.  Trust me...  & you may need to add some more; this recipe is def. taste and go.  Ya know what I'm saying?  I hope so, cuz I'm not sure if I do.


Stir together & voila!  OH YEAH! 


Mmmmmmmmmmmmmyeahhhhh!


Heehee.


Make a sandwich, serve it on an english muffin or do whatever floats yer boat... I for one like it just like this.  Plain & simple. ;)


COMING UP NEXT:  Grilled Chicken Raspberry Salad. 



No comments:

Post a Comment